Saturday 3 August 2013

AFRICAN MEMORIES


ETHNIC PRINTS & AFRICAN MEMORIES

I called my post "African Memories" because I wore this ethnic print wrap skirt during my trip to Namibia in 1991, that's how old it is...! For a couple of years it was hiding in a cabinet in the basement before I rediscovered it. The soft fabric is perfect for the hot temperatures we currently have in Germany - I love this weather!

In order to maintain the African theme I paired it with a beige safari blouse and lots of golden jewellery.



ERINNERUNGEN AN AFRIKA

Diesen Wickelrock im Ethno-Stil habe ich im Urlaub 1991 in Namibia getragen - so alt ist er! Nach vielen Jahren im Schrank im Keller stieß ich kürzlich wieder auf ihn und er paßt perfekt. Die 22 Jahre sieht man ihm nicht an, oder? Das Material ist superangenehm bei den gegenwärtigen heißen Temperaturen - ich liebe dieses Wetter!

Den Afrika-Look habe ich mit meiner beigen Safaribluse weitergeführt und das Ganze mit viel goldenem Schmuck kombiniert.




Skirt Oui | or these by <Banana Republic> or <Lafayette> and this amazing one by <Topshop>
Blouse Mango | similar from <Anthropologie> and this by <Nordstrom>
Sandals <Tamaris> [similar]| love these wedges by <Nine West>
Bag JOOP! | gorgeous by <asos> and <Dorothy Perkins>
Necklace H&M [new, not yet online]|similar <H&M> or this by <Mango> or <baublebar>
Bracelets H&M | love these by <Ralph Lauren> and <J.Crew> and this by <Kenneth Cole>


Shop my look






The sun was in and out that afternoon, it was difficult to take photos and also the first time my dad used my new camera. After we finished he surprised me with his fabulous around fifty years old leather photobag for my new camera! I am so proud of it! 
Danke, Ede :-)




SHARE:
© Lady of Style. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig